Sunday, February 10, 2013

Same-sex Attraction

   This week we talked a lot about same-sex attraction. It really strengthened the opinions that I already have. Often the words "gay" and "lesbian" are used to title someone with same-sex attraction. I think it is so important that we don't put those labels on people. So often "gay" is used as a noun. It's an adjective. We don't need to go around called a white person white, we don't need to state that a black man is black, and we shouldn't go around defining a person as a whole by just one of their attributes. Some of the nicest and most genuine people I have ever met have same-sex attraction. And though I don't necessarily agree with what they think or do, it does not give me the right to give them a label and stay away from them. God loves all of his children and it's not up to me to judge anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment