Saturday, February 2, 2013

Immigrant

    I have noticed some pretty cool this about this last week. My mind has been open to new ideas. Mainly to the immigration of families. I use to be totally closed off to the idea of illegal immigrants coming the the US. I thought that for no reason should ANYONE be coming here without the consent of the law. I didn't necessarily categorize  all people who came here without a visa or papers, but I din't really think well of them either. This week I have learned more about the "WHY" people want to come here and how hard it really is when they do come. For one person to cross the border it usually takes an average of 4,000 dollars. That's a big commitment if you were to have say a family of five. That's a ton of money. It has also occurred to me this week that the people who come here from places like Mexico are generally very good people and very hard workers. And that maybe they were prompted to come to America more so that they could here of the gospel and be taught of Christ's teachings. This week I have really learned to not pass judgment so quickly against illegal immigrants.

No comments:

Post a Comment